Re: s390 hardware config

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:38:05PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> I've not been able get udev to set up the hardware though.
> I've created a file '/etc/sysconfig/hardware/config-ccw-0.0.0a00' with:
>    CCWGROUP_CHANS=(0.0.0a00 0.0.0a01)
> but that does not seem to do anything.

Hmm, I think I know the problem. I never tested CTC properly as it is
deprecated.

The kernel defines that the ctc channels are managed by cu3088 modules, which
is correct from the technical point of view. A CTC device on top needs
the additional ctc module. I think I should just add an explicit loading
of the module.

After loading the ctc module, a hwup ccw 0.0.0a00 works fine.

Bastian

--
There is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.
		-- Spock, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9