Re: Installation of sarge on hercules

Hello Günther,

I've tried to reproduce your problem, but I'm afraid everything works fine
for me.
I did a tape boot using the daily d-i image of Jan 27. from:
http://raptor.debian.org/d-i/images/daily/tape/

I used the same mirror you did (http://ftp2.de.debian.org) and both
selecting the mirror and downloading installer components in the next
step worked perfectly.
The debug message you see in the logs is normal, but the error _is_
related to that command being executed and the results from it verified.

Did you try on different days or was it all on the same day? In that case
it may be that there was just a general problem with the archives.

FWIW, I compiled hercules myself using the upstream 3.01 version (as the
version in Debian does not like 2.6 kernels).

I suggest you give it one more try with the latest images as well.
I don't really see what else I can do to help you here.

Cheers,
Frans

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 18:20, Guenther Bergmann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 01:18 schrieb Frans Pop:
> > - How did you set up forwarding on the host machine?
>
> echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

I have additionally set up forwarding using IP-tables, but as networking
works for you otherwise...

> > - What selections did you make when configuring the network in
> > d-i?
>
> 1. network device type: ctc
> 2. CTC-device: 0x0800-0x081
> 3. protocol for this connection: S/390
> 4. primary network interface: ctc0
> 5. ip-address: 192.168.253.1
> 6. point-to-point-address: 192.168.253.2
> 7. nameserver: 192.168.254.1
> 8. hostname: andromeda
> 9. domain: gbergmann.de

I use the same options, except that my CTC-device is on 0x0a00-0x0a01.