Re: Installation of sarge on hercules

Hi Frans,

my anwers to your questions:

Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2005 01:18 schrieb Frans Pop:
> Hi,
>
> I've done several installations on Hercules without problems. I
> also happen to be a member of the d-i team. Hope I can help.
>
> Some questions:
> - Can you still reproduce the problem?
Yes, this problem is persistent.

> - Does selecting an other mirror help?
Yes, i've tried different mirrors located in germany and a few in
the USA and Australia.

> - How did you set up forwarding on the host machine?

echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

> - What selections did you make when configuring the network in
> d-i?

1. network device type: ctc
2. CTC-device: 0x0800-0x081
3. protocol for this connection: S/390
4. primary network interface: ctc0
5. ip-address: 192.168.253.1
6. point-to-point-address: 192.168.253.2
7. nameserver: 192.168.254.1
8. hostname: andromeda
9. domain: gbergmann.de

I have tested network connectivity as follows:
- ssh installer@andromeda
- open shell
 - then:

BusyBox v1.00-pre10 (Debian 20040623-1) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ # wget http://www.debian.org
Connecting to www.debian.org[194.109.137.218]:80
index.html           100% |*****************************| 15636
00:00 ETA

So i think network connectivity is fine.

> P.S. I am subscribed to the list, but must have missed your post.
> Just came across it in the archives, so that's why the late
> reply.

No Problem, any help is appreciated.

best regards

Guenther

--
Guenther Bergmann, Am Kreuzacker 10, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany
Guenther_Bergmann at gbergmann dot de