Re: Installing Debian S/390 on Hercules problems.

On Friday 19 November 2004 19:01, Adam Thornton wrote:
> I'm guessing that's the article I did for NASPA?  If that's the case:
> remove the tapemarks from between the tape file names in the TDF.
> Tape handling has changed in Herc since I wrote that article.

Ok, I'm doing that, using the sarge installer images on the debian ftp
site.  However, the installer is getting stuck at installing the
kernel; it's trying to install the s390x (zSeries) kernel and failing
the depmod, instead of installing the s390 one.  Does your installer
image fix this problem?  I have a vague recollection of it being
mentioned on this mailing list, but can't find the reference yet.  I
just want to find out, before I embark on the (long) process of
restarting the install again.

Thanks.

Pat
--