Re: How to boot a kernel?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How to boot a kernel?
- From: Patrick Finnegan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:02:10 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAngOkkxb2A0qioOcgmBSC2cKAAAAQAAAAOaRihUCE/E+SYJcXHv5hvAEAAAAA@chello.at>
- References: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAngOkkxb2A0qioOcgmBSC2cKAAAAQAAAAOaRihUCE/E+SYJcXHv5hvAEAAAAA@chello.at>
On Tuesday 13 January 2004 17:32, Florian Bilek wrote:
> Hi Pat,
> May be these URLs help. The SE supports IPL from CDROM or FTP.
I've seen these already, but thanks.
> For IPLing into an LPAR, there is the option to directly load from the
> MP3000 or HMC CDROM device. It also allows you to IPL via FTP from a server
> holding the SuSE Linux S/390 files. Find this button near the 'LOAD' button
> (if you have upgraded to the latest MCL, see Chapter 5 page 17). For using
> the HMC to run this operation, there is no button 'Load from CDROM or
> server' available on the HMC's console. Start a remote session to the SE
> via the single operation button. The SE's remote console then shows the
> 'Load from CDROM or server' button. 15
The problem is that the SE doesn't have that button, just a 'Load from
Purdue University ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue
Research Computing and Storage