Re: Please reschedule dossizola build

Cc'ing a couple more people who have similar problems in their packages.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:10:22PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:

> That's strange.  s390 was just rebuilt with the same version, and
> jadetex caused no problem there (as well as on other archs, which had
> hit the same problem).

I thought the problem was tetex, which removed the jatetex fmt files. At
least it looked like that in the previous version. Actually jadetex (3.12-5)
is not new, thats the version I had trouble with:

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 07:23:27PM -0500, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:
>
> > bin/sh-2.05b# ls -al /etc/texmf/jadetex/
> > total 8
> > drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Jun 11 15:15 .
> > drwxr-xr-x   12 root     root         4096 Jun 11 15:09 ..
> >
> > This directory should not be empty??? jadetex.ini is in this directory in
> > the all.deb, why don't I see it here?
>
> Woah, I have no fscking idea.  That is like mega-bizarre.  Something
> deleted them.  They are conffiles in the jadetex package.
>
> Hmm, tetex-base.postrm does 'rm -fr /etc/texmf' in the purge rule.
> That removes the conffiles of jadetex.  This is illegal according to
> policy.

I don't understand why tetex purge should delete jadetex files while
installing, but that was the last I heard about this.

(Maybe because Adam Cc'ed the wrong list? I don't see archives for
debian-tetex@lists.debian.org on master, there is a debian-tetex-maint
though?).

Christian