Re: LVM & LVM2

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:59:21PM -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;            (Posted to LINUX-390 and debian-s390 lists)
>
> I am running Debian 2.4.19 under z/VM 3.1.0, and I need some file
> systems and files that won't fit on a 3390-3. Maybe not on three
> or four of them!
>
> Is LVM2 "ready for prime time" yet?

At least there are still changes and some parts are not completed at the
moment. But there are a lot of people out there using it. (at least on
i386)

> If not, will it be compatible with LVM?

As far as I know it will be. And I am very sure about this.

> Any hints, tips, caveats or doc pointers I need to know before
> I plunge into this?

Perhaps you should have a look at evms. Evms is very compatibel with
lvm1 and has got some s390 plugins which will make your live easyer. The
URL is http://evms.sf.net