Re: [kvanhees@sinenomine.net: Re: [jochen@jochen.org: OpenAFS for S/390]]

 >> But the debian compiled kernel does not export these symbols,
 >> according to /proc/ksyms.  A kernel build bug?

 Jochen> It seems as if you used the vanilla 2.4.17 kernel-source in
 Jochen> which the two symbols are exported. However, the default
 Jochen> debian kernel is built with the s390-specific patch
 Jochen> (kernel-patch-2.4.17-s390-....deb) applied to the vanilla
 Jochen> kernel source code. The patch removes the above two lines.

Yepp.

 Jochen> When you use the patched kernel source code for building the
 Jochen> openafs-module the module loads without any problems (as I
 Jochen> just verified on my system).

I'll try that; don't know when I'll have time.

Jochen

--
#include <~/.signature>: permission denied