Some Questions

Hi,

first I like to introduce myself. My Name is Joris Mocka and I work for DKV-Euroservice in
Germany. Second I'm sorry for my ugly Mailer but I have to use it (Groupwise) and I do
quoting by hand so maybe some times it is out of range. My colleague tried to ask in
german - sorry about that too.

Because we have many Transactions we use a S/390 and for the future we are planning
to migrate the file services from novell to linux on mainframe. But as you all know IBM is
very close with informations and so there are some questions which we hope you can
answer.

Our setup is like this:

CPU 9672-RA6, 2G RAM, 16 Escon, 8 Parallelchannels and a Shark SAN

Now we have to setup linux parallel in a VM to VSE and OS/390 MVS - is there any chance
to get it faster than a 486? Or should we better install linux on a seperate LPAR? And then
it works better native or within a Z/VM? We like to have a direction which Hardware we
need to setup linux with websphere and db2. Know it's running at a crawl if you just make
an jdbc test. Do have any suggestions or hints and tips?

Thank you very much for your Support!

Regards
Joris

Joris Mocka