Re: update-alternatives broken?

Hi Matt,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 06:44:00PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On my s390 system in Hercules, update-alternatives fails for every package
> which uses it:

[snip]

I have two VM-guests apt-get updated and upgraded today and did not
encounter these problems. My package versions are:

ii  dpkg           1.9.17
ii  g++            2.95.4-6
ii  g++-2.95       2.95.4-0.010827
ii  gcc            2.95.4-6
ii  gcc-2.95       2.95.4-0.010827
ii  less           358-9
ii  perl           5.6.1-5
ii  perl-5.6       6.2
ii  perl-base      5.6.1-5
ii  perl-modules   5.6.1-5
ii  telnet         0.17-15.0.1

The only difference I sees is in less (you: 358-8, me:358-9) but this
shouldn't explain your problems.

I just tried a

 apt-get remove g++ gcc telnet less
 apt-get install g++ gcc telnet less

on one of the machines and nothing went wrong.

Although it seems very unlikely but might it be a Hercules problem?

Jochen