Re: Rust Distro BoF at FOSDEM

Since I'm also unable to attend due to a overly early flight, this is
my unstructured thoughts on what might make my life easier:

 - Run your CI on a 32 bit machine, and maybe on a big endian machine
as well if you are ambitious.
 - If it's a command line program: consider producing shell
autocompletion files as part of the build, for example with:
https://crates.io/crates/clap_complete
 - Producing a man page is also nice, or at least have something
checked into the repo that can be turned into a man page.
 - Do not depend on crates that are nightly-only or -alpha/-beta
versions of crates.
 - Run cargo audit in your CI system on a schedule, so that you can be
proactive with responding to vulnerabilities published in your
dependencies.
 - If you have features in your crate, test those in your CI with
'cargo test --no-default-features --features X'
 - A controversial point maybe: If you strip out test fixtures so that
they are not published on crates.io, at least make sure that that
'cargo test' compile without them, do not use include_bytes! for
those.

//Alex