Re: Cleaning up versioned packages

On 2023-11-29 06:51, Jeremy Bícha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm following up on
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-rust/2022/10/msg00000.html
>
> == Package in the archive, but no rdeps other than those also listed
> (as reported by dev/list-rdeps.sh)
>
> All the versioned packages in that section have been removed from
> Unstable except for 1 pending and
>
> * semver-parser-0.7
> ** semver-0.9
> ** Used by elan and rust-rusty-tags

Thanks for the effort!

FYI: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1053625

> Git removal?
> =========
> Are there any objections to removing the packaging for removed
> packages from our debcargo-conf master branch?

My only concern is there should be some mechanism from preventing them from
packaged again. I've written a dev/shouldnot.py script that tells if a package
should not be packaged (anymore), but hasn't found someone to review it. It's a
PR at https://salsa.debian.org/rust-team/debcargo-conf/-/merge_requests/525 if
anybody want to take a look.

--
Sdrager,