Re: Cleaning up versioned packages

On 28.11.23 23:51, Jeremy Bícha wrote:
Hi,

I'm following up on
https://lists.debian.org/debian-rust/2022/10/msg00000.html

== Package in the archive, but no rdeps other than those also listed
(as reported by dev/list-rdeps.sh)

All the versioned packages in that section have been removed from
Unstable except for 1 pending and

* semver-parser-0.7
** semver-0.9
** Used by elan and rust-rusty-tags
** rust-extprim was listed here, but I fixed it. However, it has no
reverse dependencies, so I removed it from Testing and wonder whether
it should be removed from Unstable.

Git removal?
=========
Are there any objections to removing the packaging for removed
packages from our debcargo-conf master branch?

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha

Imho those can be removed safely from git once the package has been RM'd by ftpmaster; this prevents clutter and a too big repo.

No idea about extprim, would have to take a closer look which I can't do atm :(.

best,

--
Matthias Geiger <werdahias>
Debian Maintainer