Re: allow missing description fields and empty long descriptions for Rust/etc packages?

Hi Gard,

Quoting Gard Spreemann (2023-09-20 09:26:58)
> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> > […] since the Rust packages are basically only used as build-deps and
> > therefore have no human users.
> I just wanted to raise awareness that some of us humans do use librust-*-dev
> packages directly, having put cargo in permanent offline mode and having
> swapped out its cargo.io package source for Debian's packages on the local
> filesystem.

do you have more details on how you achieve this?

I'm using Debian's rust packages instead of creates.io using this wrapper
script to cargo:

https://salsa.debian.org/josch/nocrates.io/-/blob/master/cargowrapper.sh

How do you do it?

Thanks!