I'd like to help the Debian Rust Team

Hello Debian Rust Team members,

My my name is Aaron and I'd like to help out with the Debian Rust Team.

A bit about myself, I work as a web developer and write some rust in my
off time. I know a bit about shell scripting and have been running Linux
as my daily driver for ~4 years now.

With the release of Bookworm, I recently made the move from Ubuntu to
Debian and I'm never looking back :)
I'd like to give something back to the free software community and Rust
seemed like a decent choice since I often use rust programs (exa,
kickoff, bat).

I apologize if this introduction is awkward, I've never done anything
like this so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I don't really know
where to start, but so far I've tried to sign up for salsa and am
waiting for an admin to OK my account. In the meantime, I'm trying to
catch up on Debian packaging docs. If you all have any advice on where
to start, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards,

Aaron