Re: librust-adwaita package?

On 2023-09-04 16:16, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
> Hello Rust Team,
>
> I'm working on updating the package gnome-authenticator from upstream 3.32.2 to
> 4.3.1. Upstream completely rewrote the application from previous Python (3.x) to
> Rust (4.x).
>
> I can build a package with debuild, but with sbuild I get:
>
> [45/46] /usr/bin/env CARGO_HOME=/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/cargo-home
> /usr/share/cargo/bin/cargo build --manifest-path /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/Cargo.toml
> --target-dir /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src --release && cp
> src/release/authenticator src/authenticator
>     Updating crates.io index
> error: failed to get `libadwaita` as a dependency of package `authenticator
> v4.3.1 (/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>)`
>
> What do I need to put in debian/control dependencies to get libadwaita, there
> does not seem to be a librust-adwaita package (albeit
> https://wiki.debian.org/Gnome/Rust_Packaging even mentions it as example). There
> is librust-sctk-adwaita-dev but as far I understand, this is something
> different. No?
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/RustPackaging mentions as example of gnome apps
> written in Rust shortwave, podcasts, obfuscate .. I thought I look at those for
> package config, I cannot find a package of either (Is there currently a gtk-rs
> written gnome application in the debian repository I can take a peek at?
>
> Kind regards, Axel

Hi Axel,

It's packaged yet not uploaded [1]. When it's uploaded, per team conventions
it'll be named src:librust-libadwaita & librust-libadwaita-dev.

The examples were written by the packager of related packages, Matthias Geiger,
who might've done the packaging locally and used that experience to write them.
They are in the process of DD application so yet to be able to upload on their own.

1:
https://salsa.debian.org/rust-team/debcargo-conf/-/blob/master/src/libadwaita/debian/changelog

--
Sdrager,