Re: greetd+wlgreet packaging and maybe joining the team

Quack,

On 2022-04-27 16:42, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:

please join #debian-rust on OFTC for asking questions, coordinating
uploads, etc.pp.

I'm on it but for longer explanations I'd rather stay on the list (even if the channel seems to be quite quiet).

the debcargo repo contains an annotated example debcargo.toml[0], the
debcargo-conf repo contains instructions[1] of how to setup sbuild and the
general work flow of packaging rust crates.

Thanks for the heads up :-).

I already started looking into the doc but that's really dense and differs in many ways from the eco-systems I know.

I was surprised to find debstatus not integrated into debian but the output is indeed very handy. I encountered a small bug though (https://github.com/kpcyrd/cargo-debstatus/issues/11).

In the case of greetd and wlgreet they are not on crates.io. greetd embedded the `inish` crate that is internal and `greetd_ipc` that is meant to be used by greeters and is published on crates.io. Which leads me to a few questions: - should I ask upstream to publish them? what do I do if he refuses? Is it ok to maintain a debcargo-less package? if so is there any example you could refer me to? - what do you do with inner crates that the author surely does not want to publish separately? does debcargo handle private crates? - can debcargo handle rust-greetd src that would produce both greetd and librust-greetd-ipc-dev binaries? The policy page on the wiki did help me understand the general rules but I did not find anything about the "not in crates.io' situation.

Regards.
\_o<

--
Marc Dequènes