Re: Проблемы с ALSA...

From: James Courtier-Dutton <James@superbug.demon.co.uk>
To: Matvey <mathway@narod.ru>
Subject: Re: ca0106 (alsa)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:23:18 +0100

Matvey wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a question to you as autor of the subj.
> I have some problems with runnig Q3 with sound in linux, and
> find an advice to play with soundcard module's parameters.
> But I find out that yours doesn't have any. Is this a temporary situation,
> or I should rather change my card?

The ca0106 sound card is not currently suitable for playing Q3 in Linux.
The ca0106 works at 48000 Hz and Q3 works at 44100 Hz.
ALSA therefore has to do resampling in software.
ALSA resampler is not functional enough yet to work with Q3.
Future improvements to ALSA will get this to work.

In the mean time, I suggest using the SB Live  (not 24 bit) or the SB
Audigy ( not LS), as both those sound cards can handle 44100 Hz.

James

Ему, наверное, виднее ;)

--
Матвийчук Олег aka Matvey, LRU#349092
http://mathway.narod.ru

I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Птичка Божия не знает не забот и не хлопот
Лишь летает и воняет, хриплым голосом поет Adema -