Re: I am not able to type in Russian

Harold Crouch wrote:

I am able to select KOI8 fonts in Sylpheed.  But, I am not able to
type cyrillic alphabet.  I installed the xruskb package (and removed
the xkb package), and I believe that xruskb contains the keyboard maps
that I need.  I do not understand the instructions included in the
xruskb package.
Would someone please tell me how to switch between English and Russian
keyboard maps?

With woody xruskb package doesn't need. Simply add (check) this section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
    Driver	"keyboard"
    Option	"CoreKeyboard"
    Option	"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
    Option	"XkbModel"	"pc105"
    Option	"XkbLayout"	"ru"
    Option	"XkbOptions" grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

   RUS/LAT switch is Ctrl+Shift, ScrollLock led is indicator.

--
Pavel Andreew
Ekaterinburg Telegraph