DebianPlanet has been broken in

Hi !

This is really bad news (byl tolko chto vzloman DebianPlanet aka uklinux.net),
isn't it?

Pavel.

13th July 2001 14:20 pm
One of our servers was subjected to a security breach which appears to have
only affected the web server process.

Our initial investigations have identified that the date on the server was
altered just prior to all index.htm and index.html files in one part of the
filesystem being replaced with a redirect to a cracking conference.

We have a simple policy with regard to such issues which is to completely
remove the cracked system and replace it. We will be doing so this afternoon.

All web sites will be restored from backup so only changes made this morning
will need to be uploaded again.

We apologise for this interuption to service however we do not want to restore
service prematurely which could result in even worse consequences.

=====
Yours,
Pavel V. Epifanov.

---