Re: 2.2_rev3 iso images

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Pavel Epifanov wrote:

> From: Pavel Epifanov <pavel_e@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: 2.2_rev3 iso images
>
> Victor,
>
> Sorry but I tried to do it with ftpmirror. Not a fun at all :((

apt-move is your friend.

> It is _much more_ simple (for me) to download one time per several months

But it opens a security hole. If you do not install security updates
timely, your system can be broken.

> several CDROM images than to keep a mirror on a disk with daily/weekly update.
> And for image we always have checksum. How you are going to verify all packages
> every time (from security point of view!) ?

You can just mirror only sources. They are signed.
Next release of dpkg  would allow to sign binary packages too.

--
Victor Wagner			vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer		Office:7-(095)-748-53-88