Re: ß æå ãîâîðèë!

Dear Victor,

You wrote:

>=     Åñëè âåðîÿòíîñòü ïîòåðè äàííûõ ñîñòàâëÿåò íîëü öåëûõ, äâà õðåíà
>=äåñÿòûõ,
>=òî ÿ ïðåäïî÷òó ðàáîòàòü íà íîâîì ñîôòå ñ äîïîëíèòåëüíûìè âîçìîæíîñòÿìè,
>=à íå íà ñòàðîì, çàòî ó êîòîðîãî âåðîÿòíîñòü íîëü öåëûõ è òîëüêî îäèí õðåí
>=äåñÿòûõ.

It is clear for situation when package still works.

What about _ONE_ package to install which you have to upgrade half of Debian
installation? :))) What if one of such upgraded packages would stop working at
all in particular yours conditions?

Do you need any examples or you have enough yourself :)

>=    Êòî òóò ñîâñåì íåäàâíî óòâåðæäàë, ÷òî âåòêà unstable äîâîëüíî
>= ñòàáèëüíà?

It was for sure when the Potato was unstable in 2000. Now IMHO too many core
packages like dpkg, debconf, perl are changed or going to be changed. I'll
better wait for couple of months before I would install Woody.

=====
Yours,
Pavel V. Epifanov.

---