Re: How to hold package?

 Zdravstvuyte,

 Etot vopros uzhe mel'kal. Vot otvety:
--------------------------------------------- cut here
Subject: Re: how to mark package "hold"
> > How to I mark an already installed package "hold"? (using some other
tool
> > than dselect)
> > Can it be done using dpkg?
>
> You can probably use gnome-apt for doing that (does anyone know if a
> KDE equivalent is being worked on?), but other than that I've been
wondering
> the same thing.

I do prefer commandline tools.

echo <packagename> hold | dpkg --set-selections
works quite nicely.

--------------------------------------------- cut here
On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 07:01:48PM +0200, Martin Fluch wrote:
this works fine for me:
[eb@socrates eb]$ cat /usr/local/sbin/dhold
#! /bin/sh

PRG=`basename $0`

if [ `id -u` != 0 ] ; then
    echo "you're not root, go away."
    exit 1
elif [ $# != 1 ] ; then
    echo "Usage: $PRG <packagename>"
    exit 1
else
    echo $1 hold | dpkg --set-selections
fi
[eb@socrates eb]$ cat /usr/local/sbin/dunhold
#! /bin/sh

PRG=`basename $0`

if [ `id -u` != 0 ] ; then
    echo "you're not root, go away."
    exit 1
elif [ $# != 1 ] ; then
    echo "Usage: $PRG <packagename>"
    exit 1
else
    echo $1 install | dpkg --set-selections
fi
[eb@socrates eb]$

I think `install' is the right way to unhold a package anyway ;-)

 Zhelau uspehov,
			Yura.

Iouri.Nefedov@cern.ch