Re: Migrating custom rails assets smoke test to use gem2deb

On 7/2/24 9:13 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
Hi team,

We used to duplicate a dummy rails app to create a smoke test for rails assets pipeline, but this meant when there is a change in dependencies or dummy app, every package needs change. In gem2deb 2.2 we now have a single place to manage the dummy app and we only need to mention the assets to be tested.

Documentation: https://manpages.debian.org/unstable/gem2deb/dh_ruby.1.en.html#debian/tests/assets

Though it looks this can't work during build when the asset is a link. See ruby-jquery-rails for example.

I think this test should be run after dh_link or only run as autopkgtests.

The error when building,

rake aborted!
Sprockets::FileNotFound: couldn't find file 'jquery' with type 'application/javascript'
Checked in these paths:
  /tmp/testapp/app/assets/javascripts

/usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/actionview-6.1.7.3/lib/assets/compiled
/tmp/testapp/app/assets/javascripts/application.js:1
/usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/sprockets-rails-3.4.1/lib/sprockets/rails/task.rb:67:in `block (3 levels) in define' /usr/share/rubygems-integration/all/gems/sprockets-rails-3.4.1/lib/sprockets/rails/task.rb:66:in `block (2 levels) in define'
Tasks: TOP => assets:precompile

I have pushed the changes to debian-tests-assets branch.

Please add your name next to it and strike out once uploaded in the pad linked below

https://storm.debian.net/shared/3N_sZG2n5AiZAQWSVXenFc9Txd__cgwMna0Ue3cWYFz

Thanks
Praveen