Re: RFS emails missing the actual intent of the request

On 24/08/22 02:47, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
Hey,

Thanks for all your work in the past weeks but all (or at least most)
of your emails are missing an important aspect of the RFS mail: the
main intent behind the work. For instance, you say package X is
updated and is lintian clean so here's an RFS, but WHY was this
package X updated in the first place is something that's missing in
your emails. I really suggest adding them as it's very important.

We don't generally update libraries just because there's a new version
available so having that reason behind your RFS mail would actually
help in understanding the ultimate goal of updating the package.

I have added this(to add the reason behind packaging) in the RFS email template here https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging/#Requesting_Sponsorship

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

- u

--
Ravi Dwivedi
https://ravidwivedi.in