Re: RFC: dropping Ruby-Versions fields

Hey,

On 8/20/22 10:15 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

Given that 1) we don't really support packages not working with all
available Ruby versions, 2) multiple ruby versions are only present
simultaneously during transitions, and 3) we only release with a single
version, I propose that we drop these entirely, and always build and
test for all supported Ruby versions. We would then consider packages
that don't work with all versions to be buggy.

So I ask: is anyone using this Ruby-Versions mechanism to do something
valuable, and would miss if we just drop it?

Makes sense since if we are no longer using the mechanism and we have been facing troubles with lintian regarding the fields as well. I support this.

-Abraham