Re: RFS: ruby-asciidoctor-kroki 0.5.0

On വ്യാ, സെപ്റ്റം 23 2021 at 09:37:01 വൈകു +0530 +0530, Abraham Raji <abrahamrajione@gmail.com> wrote:
I have updated the changelog file to target experimental. Please review.

Uploaded, thanks for your work.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 9:24 PM Abraham Raji <abrahamrajione@gmail.com> wrote:
Understood. Thanks for pointing it out.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 11:16 PM Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On 20 September 2021 6:55:20 pm IST, Abraham Raji <abrahamrajione@gmail.com> wrote: >>So if you really want to go ahead with the update, make sure gitlab is not
 >> broken with the new version.
 >So I should build the current version of Gitlab from the
 >fast-track/experimental
 >repo with the updated version of the gem. Is that right?
 >
>If the gem breaks the current version of Gitlab do we fix it or upload it
 >together with
 >Gitlab 14.1.5 update?

 The problems were,

1. You did not target experimental, which is always safer for potentially breaking changes (minor 0.x updates)
 2. You did not mention the update was for gitlab 14.1 in rfs mail.

Uploading to experimental should be fine if the version in unstable works with existing gitlab version. But if the old version itself need the version from experimental, we upload first to personal repos and update everything together.