Re: RFS: resending vagrant-librarian-puppet to unstable

On 2021-09-07 6:10 p.m., Georg Faerber wrote:
On 21-08-21 19:41:24, Gabriel Filion wrote:
One of my packages was bumped out of testing during the freeze because
of a dependency problem in one of its requirements, ruby-puppet-forge
(e.g.  #978228)

This bug is still open, and due to its severity blocking migration. If
this is not of concern anymore, please close the bug accordingly.

I've just looked at the state of things and if I understand
correctly, the dependency issues were fixed in #976270

aah yes I can see now that I was actually wrong (things are not yet fixed): ruby-faraday has a "breaks" link wrt ruby-puppet-forge and that's the actual issue. so probably the fix should be done in ruby-faraday.

If I understand correctly, it seems as though version 3.0.0 of ruby-puppet-forge which was uploaded around the end of january has a gemspec that implies that we could now remove the "Breaks" on ruby-faraday, since ruby-puppet-forge now supports up to version 1.3:

https://salsa.debian.org/puppet-team/ruby-puppet-forge/-/commit/759b08d25129c76fc513e1818c52919dbfdc51fa#822fcfbfd2809f2796d1d9b64e962501214ef915_28_23

I'll prepare a change against ruby-faraday then.

So normally by now we should be able to simply resend the package
vagrant-librarian-puppet to have it automatically migrate to testing
again.

We can't 'resend' a package, because it's already there.

What we could do is to upload 0.9.2-3, which would probably be a good
idea anyway, as there are some commits available in the repo which would
be good to make available.

Would you be up to prepare such a new release, and document the changes
in d/changelog? If so, please ping me afterwards, and I'll handle the
upload.

thanks for the clarifications.

I'll update the changelog and let you know when it's ready.