weird bundler version on buster

Hello all,

I'm new to this list and also in ruby, despite using Debian for many years.

I have 2 buster machines fully updated. Both have "apt install ruby-bundler". Both show "which bundle" as /usr/bin/bundle. On both the deb version "dpkg -l | grep ruby-bundler" shows 1.17.3

but "bundle -v" shows different things. One shows "Bundler version 2.1.4" and the other shows "Bundler version 1.17.3".

the consequence of this is that I can work on my current project only on the "1.17.3" machine.

Could you help me diagnose this issue ?

Thank you
João