Ruby 3.0 transition

Hi,

this is a short update about the Ruby 3.0 transition and the build failures
reported during this transition.

With latest uploads by Cédric we have now fixed 145(!) of the RC bugs
discovered during the rebuild and tagged 'ruby3.0'.

This leaves just a handful of "important" bugs and less then 10 serious issues:

- #996154 libopenobex2-dev: There is actually a patch proposed within the
report, so this can be fixed. If necessary, we can do an NMU.

- #996114 atig: The error reported is not too hard to fix. However, atig has
been in Debian in this version for several releases, 5 commits since this
release, and only 2(!) reported installations according to popcon. Maybe this
is a RM candidate?

- #996117 ruby-active-model-serializers: the tests fail with Rails 6.1 due to
some unexpected output. But I haven't been able to reproduce this when using a
bundler-installed environment. Then it works. This is not really indicating a
serious issue with the codebase and it would be nice to fix.

- #996520 ruby-varia-model: There is some extra output in one test with Ruby 3.
However, this project is only used by ruby-buff-config, which itself is not
used at all by any other package. Both projects have been archived on github.
Popcon values are less than ten. IMHO they are RM candidates.

- #996227 ruby-ferret: The upstream code is seriosuly broken. Antonio nominated
the package as RM canidate. Pocon <10. No activity since 2017. No reverse-deps.
There is, however, a patch by the NetBSD guys that could fix the issue. But I
wonder if we should just get rid of it.

- #996235 ruby-gitlab-fog-azure-rm: The problem has been reported upstream
without any response so far. The package is a dependency of gitlab.

- #996297 ruby-ice-nine: See my other mail. Upstream won't help us, but this
package has several reverse dependencies. I think this one is important to fix.

- #996324 ruby-netcdf: The problem is being worked on by upstream. The only
package depending on it, however, is gis-devel. So this shouldn't be too big of
an issue at the moment.

- #996380 ruby-safe-yaml: This is another package with several dependencies.
There is a possible patch by a third party, but it does not fix all tests. So
we would need to examine the remaining failing tests.

From my point of view:

- ruby-ice-nine + ruby-safe-yaml are very important to fix
- ruby-active-model-serializers + ruby-gitlab-fog-azure-rm are necessary to fix
- ruby-netcdf is being worked on and we can ignore it for now
- ruby-ferret, ruby-varia-model, atig are RM candidates

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/