Re: ruby-pg-query_1.3.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:26 pm, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Praveen,

Le Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 11:24:58PM +0530, Pirate Praveen a écrit :
 >A huge amount of uncompiled source code is installed into /usr/lib;
 >shouldn't it be in /usr/share, and installed arch:all?

These are used during build. Its upstream build system downloads these
 sources during build. I have patched its build system to use the
 sources provided as extra tarball. I had to include these files in
 list of files in gemspec for the build to find these files. I will
 need help from ruby team to exclude these in the binary package.

At least right now, the default is to include all files belonging to a
 gem in a single directory, either arch specific directory or arch
 independent directory. I don't think we can mix directories for same
 gem.

 Ruby team, any ideas on the best method here? If we don't add it to
gemspec's list of files, it won't build and if we remove the files in
 deb, we will have a broken gemspec file.

This seems to be a task for the DH_RUBY_GEM_INSTALL_BLACKLIST_APPEND
variable, but I couldn't make it work.

Thanks for the tip, but since that didn't work for you, I'm not sure if I should try it.

Side naive question: is there a reason to not package libpg-query and then
build depend on the corresponding -dev? I haven't checked the details,
but that would avoid this issue.

I think that will still need modifying the build system. If we can modify the build system to find libpg-query without adding in gemspec files list, then we could still do it as a component/MUT right?

These two project seems tightly copuled and not sure if it has a public API even.

Best,