Re: ruby-pg-query_1.3.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Praveen,

Le Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 11:24:58PM +0530, Pirate Praveen a écrit :
> >A huge amount of uncompiled source code is installed into /usr/lib;
> >shouldn't it be in /usr/share, and installed arch:all?
>
> These are used during build. Its upstream build system downloads these
> sources during build. I have patched its build system to use the
> sources provided as extra tarball. I had to include these files in
> list of files in gemspec for the build to find these files. I will
> need help from ruby team to exclude these in the binary package.
>
> At least right now, the default is to include all files belonging to a
> gem in a single directory, either arch specific directory or arch
> independent directory. I don't think we can mix directories for same
> gem.
>
> Ruby team, any ideas on the best method here? If we don't add it to
> gemspec's list of files, it won't build and if we remove the files in
> deb, we will have a broken gemspec file.

This seems to be a task for the DH_RUBY_GEM_INSTALL_BLACKLIST_APPEND
variable, but I couldn't make it work.

Side naive question: is there a reason to not package libpg-query and then
build depend on the corresponding -dev? I haven't checked the details,
but that would avoid this issue.

Best,