Re: webgen (finally)

Am Donnerstag, dem 11.03.2021 um 17:36 +0100 schrieb Klaumi Klingsporn:
> Am / On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 15:59:37 +0100
> schrieb / wrote Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org>:
>
> > You only need to replace the javascript files by the ones
> > packaged and shipped with Debian and then depend on
> > libjs-<foo>. This would have also fixed the reprepro
> > issue. The problem is that
> >
> > /usr/lib/ruby/2.7.0/rdoc/generator/template/darkfish/js/jquery.js
> >
> > is already a link to
> >
> > /usr/share/javascript/jquery/jquery.min.js
> > All you need to do is, make sure that
> > /usr/share/doc/webgen/rdoc/js/jquery.js is a link to
> > /usr/share/javascript/jquery/jquery.js or
> > /usr/share/javascript/jquery/jquery.min.js.
> >
> > And the same goes for the Lato* fontset:
> > You don't have to worry about the rest. We will have to
> > find a better solution for rdoc in the future though, so
> > this is not necessary to be done manually.
>
> Only to be clear: Shall I remove all the links I let
> dh_link create beside these links to the lato-fonts and
> jquery.js?

Yes. Only the files, which are linked by rdoc already, should be links in your
package as well and point to the correct files. All other files (not links)
copied over from rdoc can be files. No dependency on ruby/rdoc necessary.

> At the moment dh_link builds links in the webgen-doc
> package for all the rdoc-template-files (fonts, png's and
> javascripts) which are allready shipped with libruby2.7.
> I thought this to be better, to prevent that these files are
> copied to the users system several times.

That is a good point. But in all other packages using rdoc these files are
copied as well. That's why I said we should work on a better solution in the
furture. But for the moment only the lato font files and the js file are
relevant.

> But I can redo this as well.

Please check my general comments, I just sent, as well.

Very nice work so far.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert