Re: webgen (finally)

Am Dienstag, dem 09.03.2021 um 23:55 +0100 schrieb Klaumi Klingsporn:
> Am / On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 16:35:04 -0300
> schrieb / wrote Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
>
> > > Now every time I push changes to that
> > > mentors/webgen-git I seem to trigger some build pocess
> > > of the package and the funny thing is, that this build
> > > process has a totally different outcome than the one I
> > > initiate on my local git with the meta-build script:
> > >
> > > When I run the build-script on my local machine the
> > > build in the (unstable) sbuild environment works fine
> > > (including all tests during the build process) and all
> > > tests in the lxc-unstable environment run fine as well.
> > >
> > > The build-process that is initiated on salsa fails
> > > because some tests (that are done during the
> > > build-process) fail. And these are the same tests that
> > > run fine here.
> > >
> > > Can anybody explain me this difference?
> >
> > Without any details, there is no way for someone to help
> > you. This is equivalent to a bug report that just says
> > "foo doesn't work!".

I think he is talking about these:
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/mentors/webgen/-/jobs/1495405

[..]
> In the result the tests on my machine are running fine,
> only one is skipped:
>
> "212 runs, 2102 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 1 skips"
>
> and the package is built;
>
> On salsa I get:
>
> "212 runs, 1501 assertions, 16 failures, 29 errors, 1 skips
> rake aborted!"

If you take a look at the results it seems that the rrors are mostly language
code related and maybe UTF-8 is expected as well. Maybe you need to set LANG or
you need locales-all for the tests?

I would have to take a look at the package to say for sure.

[..]
> The first is an Argument error in TestErb#test_static_call:
> "invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII"

That usually indicates the usage of UTF-8 in a non-UTF-8 environment and would
suggest that you explicitely need to use/set an UTF-8 locale.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert