Re: [Reminder] Ruby team meeting today (06-11-2020) at 1630 UTC

Am Samstag, den 07.11.2020, 00:34 +0100 schrieb Cédric Boutillier:

[..]
> - Cédric Boutillier asked if we have a list of urgent matters to
>   fix/decide before the freeze in a few months. We could not find
>   nothing big. If you have ideas, then please send them to the mailing
>   list

A few things that come to my mind:

- ruby-pygments.rb is filed for removal from testing due to #972481 (and the
upload of the latest pygments 2.7.1 version to Debian). Due to this removal
almost the whole jekyll toolchain including jekyll is filed for removal from
testing. ruby-pygments doesn't show any upstream activity at the moment
although I don't think it is dead yet. So we have to deal with it. I don't know
how much work this actually is because there is a also an upstream issue report
to make ruby-pygments work with pyhton 3.

- A user requested to update Jekyll to version 4.1. We have to decide if we are
going with Jekyll 3.9 or 4.1. I don't see much ground-breaking improvements,
but there are a few minor ones. Not all pugins might work with Jekyll 4 yet.
And Jekyll 4 needs ruby-jekyll-sass-converter 2. I can prepare both updates for
experimental for the moment but I'm a bit hesitant to update the well working
stable Jekyll to version 4 which was still quite new when we met in February.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert