Should libruby2.x have Provides: ruby-foo (= x.y.z) for the gems it ships?

Hi there,

the libruby2.x packages ship special versions of some gems. Also in Ruby 2.7
parts were split out into gems and we already packaged them separately. So the
gem is available from libruby2.7 and ruby-<gem>. But libruby actually provides
at least a version of the gem and might in some cases be sufficient enough to
fulfill a depency. IMHO the libruby2.7 package for example should have:

Provides: ruby-benchmark (= 0.1.0), ruby-bigdecimal (= 2.0.0), [..], ruby-rexml
(= 3.2.3), [..], ruby-yaml (= 0.1.0), ruby-zlib (= 1.1.0)

IMHO the perl team does the same (e.g. check out perl-base) and it actually
seems rigth to me that we do this too.

So for example we wouldn't have to fiddle with ${ruby:Depends} in rubocop. A
dependency on ruby-rexml would then be fulfilled by either libruby2.7 or ruby-
rexml (which I'm currently packaging).

What are your thoughts?

Regards, Daniel