FYI: ruby-team/mentors and changes affecting creating repositories or pushing to repositories

Hi,

it had come to our attention that developers were able to create Git
repositories inside the ruby-team's salsa presence, but where unable to push to
them, which might have been frustrating. The reason is a default setting in
gitlab. After discussing the issue in todays IRC meeting we decided to

1) create a sub-group ruby-team/mentors [1] where all our developers can create
new package repositories for their ITPs, commit changes, *and* push them, and

2) wave the possibility for developers to create Git repositories in our main
namespace (use ruby-team/mentors instead), but give them the permission to push
to *existing* repositories (this can still be changed on a per-repository
base).

The repositories are still all protected from force-pushes!

So with the newly created ruby-team/mentors [1] namespace all our new or
existing developers can easily create and work on their own package
repositories and we can more easily check your work. If the package in question
gets uploaded into Debian NEW the repository is moved into the main ruby-team
namespace, so use the main namespace URLs for Vcs-Git or Vcs-Browser. Packages
not uploaded will not be moved into our regular namespace.

With the sesond change we make it easier to contribute to existing packages.
Please do NOT misuse these permissions to irresponsibly introduce new upstream
versions without talking to the regular package maintainer or the team first.

Members with a maintainer status are not affected by these changes. We expect
our maintainers to responsibly add package repositories. However ruby-
team/mentors [1] can and should be used for packages which are not going to be
uploaded anytime soon. It helps us to prevent having abandoned repositories in
our main namespace.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/mentors

Regards, Daniel