Re: help needed for fixing ruby-github-markup test failure

Hi Praveen,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:50:29AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:

> On വ്യാ, Jan 16, 2020 at 22:55, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org>
> wrote:
> > A better diff is below and possibly ruby-html-pipeline change is the
> > culprit (will check now),

> ruby-html-pipeline was indeed the culprit here. But after switching to
> python3-docutils, one test is failing. I tried to follow the same approach
> as fixing the previous failure (puts the actual output with a patch and
> replace expected output with that), but it did not work. I have pushed my
> changes to salsa. Can someone try to fix this?

I can see a test failing which is

MarkupTest#test_rst [test/markup_test.rb:71]:
README.rst.html's contents are not html equal to output:

From what I can see, the problem is the difference in behaviour for
docutils for python 2 and 3.
The file test/markups/README.rst has even a line saying (l. 20)

    The UTF-8 quote character in this table used to cause python to go boom. Now docutils just silently ignores it.

This was probably true for python2, but not python3 anymore. This
explains why suddenly a whole table appears in the resulting HTML (and
not in the expected one). Moreover, the handling of empty lines seems to
have changed a little.

So I would patch test/markups/README.rst.html to match the produced
result with python3 docutils.

See my patch proposition 8e5d6ef.