Re: RFC: RM requests for ruby-upr, ruby-multipart-parser, and ruby-haml-contrib

Hi David,

On 13/03/2020 14:54, David Suarez wrote:
> Im lost here...
>
> One of the decisions of removing, for example all the functionality of
> aws-sdk-v{1,2} in favor of having only aws-sdk-s3, is because ruby
> team is packaging gems for ruby webapps, not for endusers (as utkarsh
> commented some time ago in is favor)

We do maintain gems thinking on web apps in general, however, we do not
arbitrarily remove them after they are in the archive.

> Have ruby team any politics about why endusers would lost
> functionality because another app packaging?
We just agreed today as a team that we will just remove broken packages,
if a package is not used anymore by a web app but it is still working
fine we just keep them in the archive. But web apps drive our development.

Regarding ruby-aws-sdk I suggest you to communicate better with the
other team members, we are here to support our users but there are some
trade-offs that need to be taken in account.

Cheers!

--
Lucas Kanashiro