Re: RFS: ruby-nokogiri

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 7:58 PM Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:
Hi!

On Tue, Jan 08, 2019 at 08:43:01AM +0530, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:

> There was a version update in the upstream, that is, 1.10.0.
> And I updated the package as per that.
> Although the build is passing and is lintian clean, I am sure the problem
> still exists, right?

> So I think we could create an issue upstream and ask them to ship the tests
> in the gem.
> And if it remains unanswered for a couple of days, I think we should get
> the github path working.

> Moreover, I'd still like you to go through the package that I updated [1]
> and enlist all the possible things missing there.
> Hoping to get this done at the earliest.

> [1]: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-nokogiri

I just filled a issue upstream about missing specs in the gem:
https://github.com/sparklemotion/nokogiri/issues/1855

I am following this thread and something tells me that we will have to switch to the GitHub path very soon :P

I don't think we should upload a version without tests to the archive:
too many packages depend on nokogiri to take a risk.
We can wait for a few days for an answer from upstream (if it is no, it
will be quick!) then, we can move forward to the github path, if they
refuse.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need guidance to do the transition to
github as source.

Since this is new to me, I think I would need help here.
I am totally clueless on how to include the tests under spec using the steps mentioned in the issue thread.

Best,
Utkarsh