Re: [capistrano] Help with ftbfs on tests

Continuing in this thread as the problem might be related...

the problem seems to be in lib/capistrano/configuration/question.rb,
method `gets`. if I remove the `return unless $stdin.tty?` from there,
the tests that failed before with `< /dev/null` now pass, but then there
is a test for that specific behaviour that now fails. I think this is
something to discuss with upstream. the key to reproduce is just to run
the tests with `> /dev/null`

Thanks for the help Terceiro, I forwarded this upstream, they fixed this problem and thanked for the detailed report on the issue[0].

After I applied the upstream patch, the build stopped failing, but now autopkgtest is failing.

The weird thing is that the same tests that succeed during the build[1]:
"
Finished in 0.39063 seconds (files took 0.55444 seconds to load)
387 examples, 0 failures, 2 pending
"

Fail when ran by autopkgtest[2]:
"
Finished in 0.32596 seconds (files took 0.39351 seconds to load)
387 examples, 10 failures, 2 pending
"

There are two types of failures, LoadError:
     LoadError:
cannot load such file -- /tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.lpzyb1k3/downtmp/build.fNx/src/lib/capistrano/doctor.rb

And NoMethodError:

NoMethodError:
undefined method `fetch' for Capistrano::Configuration:Class
Any idea? It's certainly something related to the way autopkgtest run the tests, but I don't know what, and neither how to proceed with the debugging.

Thanks,

[0] https://github.com/capistrano/capistrano/issues/2032
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/capistrano/-/jobs/313504
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/capistrano/-/jobs/313509