Re: RFS: ruby-heapy 0.1.4-1

Hey,

On 22/09/19 9:09 pm, Priyanka Saggu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following package is ready to be uploaded (I also verified the
> points listed on
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging#Requesting_Sponsorship).
> Although there is one Lintian warning i.e. "W: ruby-heapy:
> binary-without-manpage usr/bin/heapy" which I am asked to ignore
> intentionally after having a discussion with the Debian-diaspora team.
>
> Could you please sponsor them?
>
> ruby-heapy 0.1.4-1
> [https://salsa.debian.org/priyankasaggu119-guest/ruby-heapy]

Things to fix:
- Even with tests being present, tests aren't running yet. Please enable
them.
- Extended description is short. Please write a meaningful description
for the same :)
- No need of d/clean -> can't see Gemfile.lock.
- Patch template present -> clean unnecessary stuff. Is patch even
necessary? (I didn't check, though).
- d/upstream/metadata -> "Name" is "heapy", not "ruby-heapy".
- d/watch -> use version=4, clean line 2 and 3.
- Last commit doesn't make sense, is it even required?
- You committed .pc? Why? That fails two successive builds for me.
- In your 4th commit, you're committing a change in the upstream file,
that is so wrong :/

At this stage, I can't go on and on, there are so many commits,
sometimes contradicting one another.
My opinion would be to restart all over again and only commit once you
think no more changes are needed for that particular file. Feel free to
ping someone in the diaspora channel if you need more help :)

Thanks for the work so far! Looking forward to seeing more packages.

Best,
Utkarsh