Re: RFS: ruby-sawyer ruby-octokit

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 1:33 PM Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

On 22/09/19 12:16 pm, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On 2019, സെപ്റ്റംബർ 22 2:37:51 AM IST, Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> On 21/09/19 1:55 pm, Samyak Jain wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I've updated the Debian package of the Ruby gem sawyer and octokit.
>> The package was tested on sbuild and was successfully built. It is also
>> lintian-clean. I've
>>> pushed the package to the ruby-team salsa repo which may be found at
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-sawyer
>> Couple of things needed a fix.
>> Check the last few commits.
>> Uploaded, thanks!
>>
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-octokit
>> I can't parse the need for uploading ruby-octokit.
>> Not uploading at the moment. I might be missing something, so waiting
>> for the clarification.
> If some one already has ruby-sawyer 0.8.1 installed, updating ruby-sawyer in the archive alone will not pull the updated version. So we need to bump minimum version of ruby-sawyer in ruby-octokit and minimum version of ruby-octokit in gitlab.

Samyak,
While trying to achieve this, the changes made by you on the salsa
repository is not needed. Instead, a small change in the d/control is
enough.
This commit[1] is totally not needed here. And the commit for "relaxing"
dependency[2] is incorrect.
What you did (removing the backporting symbol) doesn't solve the problem
here, but raises another.
The ideal way of going about this IMHO is to just bump the version in
d/control. Patch attached.

Also, you'll need to "git revert" these commits and make changes to d/ch
appropriately.

Thanks for pointing on the mistake, I have reverted the unwanted patch, and have made necessary amendments.

Best,
Utkarsh
---
[1]: