Re: salsa.d.o: Enabling CI / shared runners by default

Hi,

On 02/13/2018 03:05 PM, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:

>> On 13.02.2018, at 06:25, Georg Faerber <georg@riseup.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've pushed a commit to schleuder [1] to make use of the GitLab CI.
>> However, it seems, CI / shared runners aren't enabled for this repo, and
>> I'm not able to enable them on my own.
>
> I’ve just pushed this:
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/schleuder/commit/6e74d4317536557d448abe2732cfce97c6f92757
>
> And that gave me a pipeline:
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/schleuder/pipelines/1560
>
> With no further clicking in the web interface.
>
> C.

We can configure the path to .gitlab-ci.yml in Settings > CI/CD to use
debian/.gitlab-ci.yml [1] (like I did for diaspora-installer). I
actually prefer that instead of having a .gitlab-ci.yml along with other
source files (What if upstream already uses GitLab CI/CD and has a
config file of their own)?

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/diaspora-installer/blob/master/debian/.gitlab-ci.yml

Regards
Balasankar C
Debian Developer / Jr. Build Engineer at GitLab