Re: Alioth repository becoming R/O and moving to salsa.debian.org

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 01:22:15PM +0100, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:

> > The next step is writing the mapping from alioth to salsa to make
> > checkout from anonscm.debian.org be redirected correctly to
> > salsa.

> I would have guessed that anonscm.d.o is going away when alioth is
> shut down. So this would live on for just a few months - is the effort
> worth it?

It was just a matter of a copy/paste of the list of repos and a small
regexp to write the config file for the mapping. So the cost of the
effort was very small anyway.

Since the VCS entry is used by debcheckout and similar tools, as long as
stretch is supported, I think it is a good thing that these tools reach
the correct git repositories.