ruby-gettext-setup: FTBFS [Re: RFS: ruby-tzinfo, ruby-gettext, ruby-kgio, ruby-solve]

Hi Hleb, all,

On 18-03-21 23:29:33, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
> On 3/21/18, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:
> > Is it "normal" that ruby-gettext-setup tests fail with the new
> > ruby-gettext? They seem to pass with the current version on
> > ci.debian.net.
>
> I've checked ruby-gettext-setup and can say that it doesn't actually
> use anything from gettext gem, only from fast-gettext. So its test
> failures caused by something else, not the new gettext version.

I would be interested in how you came to this conclusion:
ruby-gettext-setup FTBFS now, with errors like

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gettext/tools/parser/ruby.rb:50:in `gsub': invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII (ArgumentError)

See #894829 for details.

IOW: We should take regressions in autopkgtests seriously. If we don't,
chances are high we're just running into situations like this one,
causing extra work for all people involved.

Cheers,
Georg