Migrating off alioth

Hey *,

Hope your holidays have been going well.

As you're all hopefully aware, Alioth has an expiration date [1]:
2018-05-01, with incoming mail service ending 2018-02-01.

Therefore we must take action soon, on at least these two topics:

1) provide a working mail adress in the Maintainer field.

Right now, most packages have this set:
Maintainer: Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers <pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

The only option that I know of is to replace that with
debian-ruby@lists.debian.org. Needs an upload of all packages
in any case (before 2018-02-01 preferably).

2) git hosting

Apparently we have about ~1300 git repositories on alioth.

I see two options here:

  a) migrate to salsa.debian.org, under a new debian-ruby group.
     Would need to request that group from the salsa admins.

  b) migrate to salsa.debian.org, under the Debian group
     ("collab-maint").

Note that salsa.d.o is currently in beta for another 4 weeks or so,
but given the time pressure, I'd press for starting early.

Are we using any other alioth services?

Best,
Chris

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth