Re: Renaming ruby-factory-girl to ruby-factory-bot

Hi

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 11:43:49AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:

> I think renaming and updating reverse dependencies will be enough. It
> will still have to go through NEW and once it clears, you will need
> update reverse dependencies and request removal of old package.

The new source package ruby-factory-bot will have to provide a
ruby-factory-girl transitional package for the life cycle of the next
stable release to ensure that the upgrade from stretch to buster will go
smoothly for people who had ruby-factory-girl installed.

The wiki page
https://wiki.debian.org/PackageTransition
has some discussion about the dependency packages should have (it's
Scenario #5 I think).