Re: favico.js and sprockets 3

[Copying uploader of lubjs-favico.js and libjs-mouse trap]

On 2016, ജനുവരി 8 4:04:06 PM IST, "Libor Klepáč" <libor.klepac@bcom.cz> wrote:
>On Friday 08 of January 2016 01:36:04 Pirate Praveen wrote:
>> On Friday 08 January 2016 01:20 AM, Libor Klepáč wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > you should probably do the same in gitlab, after you find the right
>> > solution . There is also problem with sprockets 3.3, it cannot find
>> > mousetrap/pause during assets compile.
>>
>> We should fix them to work with sprockets 3. Can you file bugs
>against
>> the assets packages that fail?
>>

>Hi,
>I was trying to reproduce with ruby-mousetrap-rails (== 1.4.6-3) like
>this:
># rails new foo
># cd foo
># echo "gem 'mousetrap-rails', '~> 1.4.6'" >> Gemfile
># echo "#= require mousetrap" >>
>app/assets/javascripts/application.js.coffee
># echo "#= require mousetrap/pause" >> app/assets/javascripts/
>application.js.coffee
># bundler exec rake assets:precompile
>
>but it works now, I was probably using version ruby-mousetrap-rails ==
>1.4.6-1
>back than (which was missing symlinks to javascript) (I was trying to
>keep
>most of system on Stretch versions)
>
>Today, you have to use libjs-mousetrap from stretch, because in sid,
>yours
>libjs-mousetrap was replaced last weekend by another package with
>different
>structure
>https://packages.qa.debian.org/libj/libjs-mousetrap.html
>is that intentional?

Hi Alexander, I hope the last two uploads were not intentional takeovers. Both uploads broke their corresponding ruby-rails-assets-* packages.

1. In case of future uploads, please keep the same file names as existing packages so symlinks won't break.
2. If you really have to change them, please inform us so we can make the necessary changes to prevent breakage.
3. As with all library updates, please check reverse dependencies are not broken.

Some rails-assets packages have smoke tests enabled and gem2deb support for automating this is in a separate branch of git, waiting for review.

Antonio, can you merge this branch, if it is okay. Also can we trigger autopkgtest run of reverse dependencies also on new uploads? Or at least add an option in tests/control to trigger it?