Re: Planning for the future / RFH

Hi Christian,

I apologize for replying directly – I hit the wrong button.

I’ve requested to join the Alioth project (username rwoliver2-guest) and will read over the workflow as well.  And I’ll start on the bug you linked.

Thanks for your help in getting started.

Robert

On 7/17/16, 2:24 PM, "Christian Hofstaedtler" <zeha@debian.org> wrote:

    Welcome!

    > I know everyone is busy, here, but can someone let me know how to
    > dive in and get started?  I’m a fast learner and know how to do
    > the technical side, just not sure about the procedures and
    > workflow currently used to maintain the gems in the Debian
    > repository.

    Most of our process is documented on the Teams/Ruby wiki page.

    To contribute, please join the pkg-ruby-extras team on alioth, as
    explained here:

       https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby#Joining_Debian_Ruby_Extras_Maintainers

    I'd also recommend you join the #debian-ruby IRC channel on OFTC for
    quick answers to some questions you might have.

    The actual git-based workflow is explained here:

       https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging

    If you need help picking a bug from the dashboard, this one has high
    impact and is probably relatively easy (only needs a new package for
    ntlm-http):

     ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
    : :' :  Debian Developer
    `. `'   7D1A CFFA D9E0 806C 9C4C  D392 5C13 D6DB 9305 2E03
      `-